1. The Astana Financial Services Authority (AFSA) has issued this Consultation Paper to invite public comments on the proposed amendments to the AIFC Financial Services Framework Regulations, AIFC Glossary, AIFC Co-operation and Exchange of Information Rules, and AIFC Conduct of Business Rules.
2. The proposals in this Consultation Paper will be of interest to current and potential AIFC participants who are interested in exercising business activities in or from the AIFC.
3. All comments should be in writing and sent to the address or email specified below. If sending your comments by email, please use “Consultation Paper AFSA-P- CE-2019-0011” in the subject line. You may, if relevant, identify the organisation you represent when providing your comments. The AFSA reserves the right to publish, including on its website, any comments you provide, unless you expressly request otherwise. Comments supported by reasoning and evidence will be given more weight by the AFSA.
4. The deadline for providing comments on the proposals is 25 October 2019. Once we receive your comments, we shall consider if any refinements are required to this proposal.
5. Comments to be addressed by post: Policy and Strategy Division
Astana Financial Services Authority (AFSA)
55/17 Mangilik El, building C3.2, Kazakhstan or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +8 7172 613781
6. The remainder of this Consultation Paper contains the following:
(a) Background to the proposals
(b) Key elements of the proposed amendments
(c) Annex 1: Draft of proposed amendments to the AIFC Financial Services Framework Regulations
(d) Annex 2: Draft of proposed amendments to the AIFC Glossary
(e) Annex 3: Draft of proposed amendments the AIFC Co-operation and Exchange of Information Rules
(f) Annex 4: Draft of proposed amendments to the AIFC Conduct of Business Rules