1. The Astana Financial Services Authority (“AFSA”) has issued this Consultation Paper No. 18 to invite public feedback and comments on the proposed Astana International Financial Centre (“AIFC”) Financial Technology Legislative Framework.
2. The proposed Financial Technology Rules and amendments to the AIFC General Rules and Glossary are set out in Annexes 1-3 to this Paper.
3. This Consultation Paper may be of interest to a Person looking to carry on the FinTech Activities within the FinTech Lab, which is a regulatory environment within the AIFC that allows a Person to Test and/or Develop the FinTech Activities without immediately incurring full set of regulatory requirements envisaged under the AIFC Acts for Regulated and Market Activities.
4. All comments should be in writing and sent to the address or email specified below. If sending your comments by email, please use “Consultation Paper No. 18” in the subject line. You may, if relevant, identify the organisation you represent when providing your comments.
5. The AFSA reserves the right to publish, including on its website, any comments you provide, unless you expressly request otherwise. Comments supported by reasoning and evidence will be given more weight by the AFSA.
6. The deadline for providing comments on the proposals is 28 December 2018. Once we receive your comments, we shall consider if any refinements are required to the proposed Legislative Framework.
7. Comments to be addressed to: Consultation Paper No. 18 Innovation Policy Division
Astana Financial Services Authority (AFSA)
8 Kunayev Street, Building B, Astana, Kazakhstan
or emailed to: Fintech.Consultation@afsa.kz, Tel: +7 (7172) 647276